Thursday, April 21, 2011

Where To Buy Chinese or Japanese Paper Lanterns?

Just a quick post before I went back on article writing on Xomba . ^-^'

For those searching on where to buy Japanese or Chinese lanterns for parties and gardens, I might help on where as I had just bought 3 Chinese lanterns for 3 bucks. Yeah, 3 bucks for 3 as I got those Chinese lanterns from the Dollar Tree store as everything is only a $1.

So where to try finding or where to buy Chinese paper lanterns around San Diego for a cheaper price? Search and visit a Dollar Tree if there's one in your area.

Actually, my dad and I are about ready to go to the register when this lady passed by and I had glanced into her basket and saw this lanterns and was like, " wait a minute... those items looks familiar to me." So I went and decided to check onto the farthest aisle where art and craft are displayed and see if I can find lanterns as I've been wanting to have those since about almost 2 years ago. Would be great for gardens. :)

Those I got from the Dollar Tree store are battery operated by the way and they are made of papers. When I got home I decided to open and try one of the lanterns. So be CAREFUL as I had said these lanterns are made of paper. I tried to open this one Chinese/Japanese lantern (they are folded) and I had teared or made a tiny hole because of the glue or paste. I just hoped that the lantern makers let the glue or paste dry first before folding the lanterns as the papers are kinda thin and sticks together.

Anyway, aside from that. It works well. There's an "on and off"  button. So if you gonna hang those lanterns on the garden, don't leave them overnight as they might be wet from dew the following morning. Or it might rain, you won't know.

Image credit to realsimple.com

I just want to make an update, on where else can you buy lanterns? I mean around San Diego area. If you are in San Diego area you may want to visit Marukai Living San Diego. There are three three Marukai buildings side by side. I found the lantern photos below from Marukai Living building. Prices ranges from $6+ and up. I wish I remember the exact price but I knew it is less than $10 as I was so tempted to buy one. But I did not since I already got some from Marukai Value Plus, and it's cheaper.


Above photo is taken from Marukai Living. While the one below is from Marukai Value Plus.

For $1.50, its a good buy. And I love it! It uses 2 AAA batteries and the light flickers, like a candle light does. It is good on parties and even just hanging them in the garden at night. I bought them because I've been thinking of having them around so I could use them as Halloween decor outside, and I could also hang them on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. I did used about 5 lanterns last Christmas, 2012 on the front porch but had brought them back inside after midnight. It is cold and I am afraid the paper will soften and tear. But on Summer nights, they would make a good addition to a garden's ambience.




No comments: