Friday, May 17, 2013

Filipino Word - Makulimlim

First, I just wanted to mention how did the idea of making blog entry for Tagalog word meanings popped up to me.

I was on my way to work this morning, and for the last few days its been getting hot and Mr. Sun is already up and bright just past 8 o'clock in the morning. But today, it wasn't like yesterday, or the past few days. It was gloomy. And I liked it. I even wished for a rain today and tomorrow. It drizzled a bit but that's it, no raining happened. Still a little bit gloomy and a bit windy in the afternoon though. I like that kind of weather. :)

"Makulimlim," I thought to myself on my way to work driving on the freeway. And then, "Why don't I write Tagalog words meanings on my blog?" I will. Hopefully that could help those learning Tagalog specially the deep Tagalog words. So that's how the idea started.

So, enough of the day's weather, let's get on the topic. What is makulimlim? Or what does the Tagalog word makulimlim means?

Makulimlim means gloomy, a gloomy weather. Any time of the day and you noticed the sky is darkening and it looks like a rain is coming, you say makulimlim. That means gloomy.

Example: ENGLISH: "Today is makulimlim (gloomy.)
In TAGALOG: " Ngayon ay makulimlim."

Example 2: ENGLISH: "It's a bit gloomy ( makulimlim) today. Looks like a rain's on its way.
In TAGALOG: "Medyo makulimlim ngayon. Parang uulan."

No comments: